“Living the life you envisioned, embracing each day anew is a powerful way to live.”
Real Life. Real Tools.
Life is about change and the last year+ we have all been through a lot of change! From the devastation of the COVID-19 pandemic with so many lives lost, unemployment, to the new ways we had to learn to adjust in our everyday lives. Not to mention the social unrest that happened around the world. How we move through change is so important. How we care and nurture, not only our friends and family but equally important is how we care for ourselves. Having good self-care practices, daily routines that lift us up and make us stronger from the inside, out. Plus, knowing ways that can reduce our stress and calm our monkey mind. Nourishing and nurtureing yourself isn’t always easy. Right? Many of us experienced isolation, having to adjust to working at home, perhaps homeschooling our children, not seeing our elderly parents. So much change! As we get back to a new normal, as we get vaccinated so we can go out and visit people, not have to wear a mask, we also need to get back to our self-care routines. Practices that will improve your health, strengthen your immunity, improve your sleep, and allow you to move through life with more ease.
The three disciplines, Yoga, Ayurveda, and the Alexander Technique provide a time-tested answer to all of the challenges we are facing today.
This year’s Ojai Women’s Retreat will focus on valuable practices of self-care and strengthening our immune system. You will learn how which foods, herbs, and lifestyle practices are right for you. How to calm and focus your mind when the outside world becomes too hectic, learning how to re-connect to your True Nature, that part of you that knows. Our true essence is always at peace if we will only allow ourselves to quieten and listen within.
This 5-day retreat is specially designed to teach you the art of unlearning—letting go of old patterns that have long since lost their usefulness—while introducing new skills and understandings to become more rooted in your daily life, aware of how to nurture yourself to better physical, mental, and spiritual health. After this time being sequestered and isolated, we can step into a safe space for the transition back to our normal lives~ stronger, healthier, and more optimistic for the coming year.
I invite you to step away from your life’s usual demands and join me in beautiful Ojai and experience the magic that this amazing valley holds, and how the profound disciplines of Yoga, Ayurveda, and the Alexander. This year I will be hosting a smaller group to be able to give you a deeper connection to each of these practices. I am also asking that every woman be vaccinated before coming. This will help ensure that we can come together with more confidence.
- The beautiful oasis of the Ojai Valley
- Learn transformative techniques and practices in all three interactive healing modalities: Yoga, Ayurveda, Alexander Technique.
- Make the most of the intimate setting by receiving personal attention and time with highly qualified teachers.
- Connect with like-minded women.
- Delicious, healthy and healing meals that are cooked especially for the Retreat. Plus learn to cook healthy recipes for your constitution.
- A beautiful opening and closing ceremonies that creates a container and builds on a sense of community.
“I have a very busy work…this workshop taught me how I can incorporate a 30 minute daily practice into my morning with asana, breath and meditation that really changes how I act and react in my life. Thank you!”
~ Mary P., Tampa FL.
The Retreat consists of:
- Daily breath-centered yoga classes
- Private Alexander Technique lesson
- Daily small group classes in postural re-education
- Discussions on the Yoga Sutras and how they apply to your life.
- Afternoon presentation on Ayurveda and its practical application to strenghtening your immune system, nourishing your body and maintaining your vital energy.
- Food as Medicine ~ how to create a diet that supports your body.
- Learn to cook healthy & Ayurvedic Cooking for your body type.
- Working with the 5 sense therapies ~ what ones are right for you!
- Powerful meditation practices that destress the nervous system.
- Discover the power of breathwork (pranayama) ~ how it can balance your whole system.
- An evening discussion of ways to bring self-care practices into everyday living.
- An evening of fun and celebration! Swimming, food, sharing and a closing ceremony to remember.
“The success of Yoga does not lie in the ability to perform postures but in how it positively changes the way we live our life and our relationships”
~ T.K.V. Desikachar
Key benefits you will take home:
- Better Posture and Balance
- A nourishing Yoga & Ayurveda practice to use everyday
- Ways to create ‘space’ in your life
- Reduced tension and pain
- What foods & spices are right for you
- Cooking Ayurvedic/Healthy food with recipes
- Meditation practice
- Key ‘tools’ to manage stress & keep you on the path to wholeness
- Healing Sensory modalities that are right for you
Set aside time to do this important inner work:
As women, it is important to take time and retreat to a place of quiet and beauty. To reflect. To discover that wise eternal aspect of yourself and connect more deeply with your true nature as Spirit. Come join me and allow your story to unfold…
3 Powerful paths coming together to create the results designed personally for you
This retreat not only offers you an immersion into daily Yoga and Ayurveda practices that will support health and well-being. It also gives you a clear understanding of the Alexander Technique. You will learn to think with your body in such a way that allows less tension as you move…whether in walking, working at your computer, driving a car, participating in sports or practicing yoga.
“These three disciplines have profoundly changed my life and have taught me how to live happily in the present moment.”
Our workshop is designed for your individual level
- Beginner level: Build a practical foundation in Yoga, Ayurveda, and Alexander Technique.
- More Experienced: Deepen your understanding of these three disciplines.
- Yoga/Ayurveda/Alexander Teachers or Trainees: Enjoy learning and deepening your own training with more experienced teachers.